About Me

My photo
18 year old blogger-musician-tea connoisseur extraordinaire
Powered by Blogger.

chictopia

rire

Rire Bloggers

Saturday, August 18, 2012

working

So I'm not sure if I told you guys about this, but I work at my alma mater (well volunteer really...) as a visual tech for the marching band. We just finished our band camp, and it ended very very well! We started with one week of basics in the morning then music in the evening. The second week was pure drill. The freshmen adapted well. I'm very pleased with them :) The only problems were the talking and the not knowing how to jazz run. The last day, thursday, the color guard coach (A MEMBER OF THE BLUE DEVIL A CORPS. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW, THEY WON THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS AT INDIANAPOLIS) and I taught them how to jazz run better. They eventually understood and did it better. We finished a whopping 17 sets (not including subsets)! So proud of my kids.

We also got a foreign exchange student from Indonesia. He's an amazing piano player and joined the pit. So excited to see him perform. He's a great kid and I'm glad he gets to experience the wonders of marching band! Oh, and our pit instructor is also a blue devils member :)

No comments:

Post a Comment