About Me

My photo
18 year old blogger-musician-tea connoisseur extraordinaire
Powered by Blogger.

chictopia

rire

Rire Bloggers

Thursday, August 23, 2012

College rant

Trying to figure out which college to transfer to is so difficult! I want to go to a really good school like Long Beach or UC Berkeley... But I hate how the california college system is so crapped up. Not allowing lower division transfers suck so bad!!! I think I've narrowed it down to where I do want to stay at a cal state for my undergrad years. Whether I end up in Long Beach or East Bay, who knows. I really love both of the places. Maybe even Sonoma. Wherever the tide takes me. I'm just really nervous and anxious about the whole thing. I know for a fact that I am not going to graduate as a CSUB Runner. Where I'll be graduating, I'm not sure yet. I've been researching all summer where to go for college. The more I research, the more I get confused with where I want to go... So I'm going to just wait it out and apply to wherever and see where it takes me. 

I've also applied at UC Merced a month ago. Still waiting for their reply... I'm not sure if I want to transfer there since their music program doesn't exist. I was planning on doing an intercampus transfer, but college is so dang expensive. If I do end up attending Merced, then I'll probably just finish my gen ed and transfer to Berkeley if I get lucky. 

I have so much plans for college and just life in general. I'm just going to wait it out and see where the universe takes me. Wherever I end up, I know I'll be happy. Right now, I'm happy about CSUB but I know it's not THE school. Berkley was, and still is, my favorite college. But I also want to explore. I haven't even seen half the colleges here... I'm even interested with University of Michigan! My high school marching band had a coach last year that graduated form U of M. She was also a band director. She and my director (or I guess ex director) are my role models, so Michigan might be a nice place.

If I could go to an out of state it would either be any Michigan colleges, Ithaca, Oberlin, or Oregon colleges. Oberlin and Ithaca are so expensive. Looking at their tuition and housing prices made me want to gouge my eyes out. Michigan wasn't too bad. Oregon was pretty expensive too, since I'd be an out of state transfer. 

I really hope the universe has something good for me in the future. All I want is to go to the best school for me, fall in love with it, and have the time of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment